Non-Habitual Resident (NHR) Regime
Portugal non-habitual resident tax regime
Despite some recent changes you can still enjoy the ten years if tax benefits.
Portugal is lovely and new residents have the opportunity to enjoy a generous tax breaks through the special non-habitual residence (NHR) tax regime.
Exemption on all foreign income
Special tax treatment for 10 years.
20% FLAT RATE
20% flat rate on some portuguese income.
How can Quasetudo help me?
Tax and Accounting
Quasetudo can help foreign citizens apply for NHR status in Portugal. This way you can ensure that you have the best understanding of Portuguese tax law and find the best solution for your needs.
· Tax exemption from foreign source income, if certain requirements are met;
· Flat rate of 20% for Portuguese source income (specific professions and self-employment);
· No wealth tax;
· No inheritance tax;
· Tax exemption in donation between close family members;
· Access to a large network of tax treaties;
· Tax exemption for gains obtained in cryptocurrency trading;
· (Among other benefits);
These benefits may change yearly.
The Non-Habitual Resident tax regime is available to all individuals becoming tax resident in Portugal (if they were not Portuguese tax residents in the previous 5 years), and the status is granted for a period of 10 consecutive years.
Contact us for a proposal.